I hope all is well with you and you are managing to keep out of the howling wind.
Well, the wedding has been and gone in the blink of an eye. It was just the most perfect day even the rain held off for the important bits.
Back to work this morning after a lovely week off. Not long now until the maternity leave starts. Bump is getting quite big now. I am hoping ( keeping all fingers and toes crossed) that I’ll be a little more active on the blog in the run up to the little one arriving.
I have some lovely Christmas decoration knits coming up as well as some lovely quick knit xmas pressies. Stock up on your chunky yarn, you’re going to need it.
Catch you soon.
P.s. Our gorgeous photos were done by Bob and Debbie at Robert James Photography
I hope you are enjoying the late summer sunshine. Now the weather has started to turn, why don’t you knit up one of these beauties to keep you cosy through the Autumn and Winter months?
The pattern is for a cowl or a longer scarf. You will need 2 balls (approx 300m) of chunky yarn for the cowl and 3 balls (approx 450m) for the scarf.
The pattern can be bought here for £2. I used Woolcraft New Fashion Chunky in Saxe from RKM Wools but it would also look lovely knit up in this Sea Green Yarn by King Cole.
I’d love to see your finished items, why not email your pics to me, email@example.com and I’ll put them up in the gallery.
Got a few spare minutes? Then grab a cuppa and some biccies and take a look at my top 10 favourite knitting and crochet blogs. (In no favouritism order)
- Attic 24 – If you are a fan of colour and crochet then this blog is definitly worth a look. Lucy also takes beautiful pictures of the countryside that surronds her lovely home. I can quite easily get lost in this blog for a good couple of hours.
- Knitting to Stay Sane – Lovely lace and how to blog. Beautiful pictures and well written explanations.
- Fresh Stitches – Brilliant amigurumi site. I want them all!!
- Knitted Bliss – I get knitting urges and hunger pangs reading this some. Some delicious foody bits as well as well presented knitty bits.
- Beloved Knits – everything from teeny babies to adults and everything in between. My favourite are the ladybug booties.
- The Vintage Knitter – A super blog written by a lover of all things vintage.
- This Lovely Life – not just knitting and crochet (so a bit of a cheat in this list) but it’s BEAUTIFUL. I’m currently looking for somewhere that needs a set of polka dot drawers.
- Damn it Janet, Let’s Crochet! – Not only do I love the name of this, I really like the cute kitschy makes.
- Coop Knits – A socky, yarny knitfest! I.Love.It. Aaand, she has a new book out!
- A Stash Addict – Colour, bloggy bits and yarn shopping all in one place. And lots of colour. Rainbow colour, sparkly colour, colourful colour. And some cracking interviews with other crafters.
Have a gander and let me know your favourites too! It is also perfectly acceptable for your favourite blog to be your own 🙂
So you may have been wondering about the lack of posts recently. Well, in addition to getting married in October, R and I are also expecting our first little bundle of babiness on Christmas Eve.
As you can imagine it’s all a bit hectic around here at the moment. I have chosen to make nearly all of the wedding bits so the house looks like the confetti monster has been poorly in it. Will post some piccies up in due course.
Also I’m working on a baby blanket for the little monkey using scraps of yarn left over from my rainbow granny stripe blanket. I’ll post instructions up in due course. V simple pattern. I’m hoping to edge it with pale yellow satin ribbon.
Hopefully it won’t be so long until the next post!
Ciao for now.